At Blockbuster we like to provide our customers with any basic tips and advice that may reduce potential drainage and plumbing problems and therefore save you money.
Unclogging a sink could be a very simple task if the blockage is minor and very localised to the plug hole.
If you are attempting to unblock the sink using a plunger:
- Coat the edge of the plunger’s cup with vaseline (petroleum jelly) to improve suction
- Add a couple of inches of water to the sink to also aid suction
- Also cover the overflow holes with a damp cloth if possible to help build up pressure
Do’s & Don’ts of what to put down your sink:
- Do not ever pour fat down sinks – over time this will solidify and lead to potentially bigger problems
- Do not wash food debris down the sink – this will inevitably lead to a blockage
- Make sure you regularly remove hairs from plug holes in sinks, baths and shower
For more serious blockages please do not hesitate to call us: 0800 0689282Contact the team